A carpet is an important part of any room, be it a bedroom, kitchen, or living room. It keeps your feet warm, completes the decoration of the room, and brings a cozy feeling to the house.
But did you know that your carpet can be a hotspot for germs, bacteria, and even viruses? Even if you can’t see it with the naked eye, there is so much more going on in your carpet than you can imagine.
Dirt, dead skin cells, bugs, bacteria, etc can settle deep in the carpet and stay there for a long time. And no, vacuum-cleaning isn’t enough to properly clean it.
Sometimes there can be even mold in your carpet without you seeing it. All this is potentially harmful to your health and contributes to bad air quality in your home and can even cause allergies.
That’s why it is important to take extra good care of your carpet and clean it regularly. Here are some tips on what you can do to keep your carpet fresh and clean.
- Don’t walk with your outdoor shoes inside the house. Your shoes have collected a lot of dust and dirt throughout the day. Walking with them inside the house just brings all that on your carpet. Once the dirt settles in your carpet it will not be easy to take it out without professional equipment. The best thing you can do is take off your shoes in front of the entrance of your house.
- Put a doormat at the entrance of your house. That way if you take off your shoes inside you will not bring in all the dirt from the streets.
- Vacuum clean your carpet regularly. To keep the carpet clean you should vacuum it at least 1-2 times per week. Even that is the least you can do because the deeply settled particles, dust, and dirt can only be removed with professional cleaning.
- If you spill food or drinks on the carpet it is important to clean it immediately otherwise it will leave stains that won’t be easy to come out later. It is never a good idea to pick up fallen food from the carpet and eat it. Remember those thousands of germs and bacteria?
- Let your carpet be professionally cleaned at least once per year, twice is even better. To really get the dirt, dust, and bacteria out you should call the professionals. A regular vacuum cleaner can’t clean so deep in the fiber of the carpet. A professional carpet cleaning is an important part of your annual deep clean of the house.