September is already here – the month in which we slowly say goodbye to summer and prepare for the autumn. The days are getting shorter, the temperatures lower and the nights cooler. It is a beautiful time with still some warm sunny days but also colorful leaves and the autumn smell.
Autumn is right around the corner so here are some tips on how to slowly start transitioning your home from summer into early autumn.
- Slowly remove your summer decorarion. Anything that looks like sea shells, fishing nets, boats and sea waves needs to slowly go to the closet. You can take out some gentle autumn decorations to put in its place. For example, autumn leaves, pine cones, ripe apples, sun flowers, cinnemon sticks, etc. Don’t be too fast with the pumpkins though, they are more typical for October and November.
- Change your summer bedsheets. The nights are already getting cooler, so it might be a good idea to take out some thicker sheets and why not a blanket as well.
You can decorate your coach with a nice throw blanket in white or earth colors to make your living room feel cozy. If you want to take it one step further you can throw some fake furs on the floor or the armchairs.
- Put trays with seasonal fruits on the tables and kitchen counters – apples, pears, figs, grapes, peaches, even some nuts. They are not only excellent decoration perfect for autumn but also a healthy snack.
- Enjoy an autumn scented candle. Apple and cinnemon aromas are the perfect autumn smells. Put some aromatic candles around your home to even make it more cozy.
- Organize your wardrobe. It is probably time to exchange your swimming suits and summer clothes with warmer pullovers, jeans and an autumn coat. Move your summer outfits and make some space for autumn ones.
- Make a deep clean of your home. A thorought cleaning is always a good idea, especially at the beginning of a new season. Don’t forget to wash the windows and all little corners you usually oversee. Making your home sparkling clean is the best way to prepare for the new season.